Re: [OM] OT: CSV file ...was RE: Star trail times [was New Kodak Portra

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: CSV file ...was RE: Star trail times [was New Kodak Portra 400]
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
Fernando,
                 seems like outlook should be able to mapo what is in the CSV
file to its adress book fairly easily.

Here is a description off Web:
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/Import_Contacts_from_Excel_CSV.htm

I sounds like your difficulty may be the mapping of CSV columns to the address
fields in outlook.
This requires the first row of the csv file to have names of fields to go into
address book. If the CSV file does not already have them in the first row, you
can add them in yourself with a plain text editor like notepad.
Then use the last step in the above link, when importing into outlook.
" Click Map Custom Fields .... "
You fill in the column name used in CSV file,which needs to map to the address
book field name.
tim hughes

-- On Fri, 5/13/11, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>