Re: [OM] IMG: Adult Cicada

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Adult Cicada
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 02:00:18 -0500
Moose,

I downloaded the trial version of Focus Magic and played with it as a plugin
in PSE 6.0.  I can see how it can make a difference, but I have a few
questions.

1. Do you decrease the amount of sharpening used in the RAW converter if you
intend to apply FM?

2. Do you load the image into the editor and go directly to FM?

3. I am assuming that FM is applied to the full-size jpeg image.  Correct?

4. The instructions say one should go to 9 or 10, but this seems too much,
in the cases I have used.  Any suggestions?

I will probably buy it and try to master it, but it opens an entirely new
set of choices that I must make.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA