[OM] Virtual Village and a Leica M to M4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Virtual Village and a Leica M to M4/3 adapter
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:39:27 +1000
It has taken a while, but I finally got my Leica M to M4/3 adapter. I
ordered one through a mob called Virtual Village, and they're out of
Hong Kong where apparently international mail has been slow lately due
to an increase in Customs inspections. So, I didn't worry much when it
was taking a while.

Well, 4 weeks later it still hadn't, but Virtual Village chased me up
about it before I them. They asked me to check my local post office
(though I knew it wouldn't be there), and when it wasn't they gave me
the option of a refund or sending another. Note, I'd only paid $3 for
postage, no insurance, no tracking, though both were options. Anyway,
I could hardly request a refund at their generous "compromise" (as
they called it), and yesterday I got the newly sent item. They were
very good & communicative about it...I'm happy enough to credit and
recommend them here, as you can see.

And so now my 40mm Summicron-C is sitting on the E-P2, looking as
pretty as a Zuiko 135/3.5 on an Olympus OM1 (my favorite "looker" of
my available OM combinations). I've tried using it a little bit, and
MF Assist and the VF2 work very well together, eminently usable even
for this bad MFer. Enough that I may end up looking for something
shorter (20-25mm) to give me some "normal" walking-around length. At
the moment though I just have to take the 40 and the E-P2 out and see
how they go for actual results.

Cheers,
Marc