Re: [OM] Feeble attempts at getting it out of my system

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeble attempts at getting it out of my system
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:01:35 -0500
> But, oh, I forgot that Lightroom is 'clunky'.
> This claimed on a list where many people use Vuescan?
> A program so irredeemably clunky that I could never manage it.

Well, Vuescan takes "clunky" to a whole new level, but that's a story
for another thread.

Honestly, I really do like Lightroom. It has serious issues in some
areas, though--especially in memory management. I find it incredible
the expensive hoops people jump through to make it sing. Aperture
seems pretty well sorted in comparison.

Since we are on this subject, my poor laptop is jsut about to pack it
in, permanently. Poor thing overheats and shutsdown after about 10
minutes of 90-100% processor time. I can usually keep it running if I
have it sitting on an ice pack. But it'll melt to a puddle in about 20
minutes. I've got two ice packs which will give me about 45 minutes of
productivity. Should see if the computer swallowed another hairball.
Batch processing is an adventure. It'll shutdown if I'm flying
acrobatics between skyscrapers in Chicago too with FSX. My racing
sims, I have most of the graphics turned down because of refresh
rates.

Anybody else notice just how well the iPad works as a portable light-table?

:)

AG