[OM] First go at a few Dominica Images

Subject: [OM] First go at a few Dominica Images
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 19:16:16 -0400 (EDT)
Our OM shots on film are processed but haven't had to chance to pick
them up yet. or process more than a few of the dig files.  I have a
couple while rappelling in a Canyon that might be of interest--that was
easier than driving on Storrow drive in Boston compared to Wavine
Cyrique.

One memorable hike was to Victoria Falls.  It required a couple river
crossings in areas that weren't obvious so a guide listed as "optional"
rendered it much easier.  Nice swimming very near the Falls as well.
Our guide was "Seacat."

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Dominica-PR-2011/17178691_S8Zhf9#1302593671_pXb2MQP-L-LB

Our Inn keeper recommended a nice place for lunch, but it seemed more
interesting (and more potential image ops) to have lunch
at his Rasta friend's place (Moses) when Seacat offered that as an
option.  Inspired by Nathan I tried to make the best of it.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Dominica-PR-2011/17178691_S8Zhf9#1302443325_2LWLjS2-M-LB

 The Kuboli (Dominican beer) wasn't bad---detailed report to follow.

Observed that the Rastas seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time
rolling Ganja and tobacco .
This leads to a burning philosophical question---what do you do for
vacation?
Nevertheless, their company was enjoyable and appreciated the
hospitality.  The crime rate on Dominica is
very very low, I am told.

Seacat said that the first time he looked over the cliff at Wavine
Cerique, he thought there was NO WAY he was doing that or guiding anyone
down there.  He brought Moses there for advice  and he enabled him to
summon the fortitude to do it.  Now it is a piece of cake for him.

The rainbow shot is right out our window at the Zandoli Inn  very early
in AM,   New PP routine with step-wise sharpening with downsizing at
11PM--hopefully OK.  I mentioned the nice light and rainbow to Linda
when went down to get some brew early.  She said, Oh, we get them every
week or so, and what would you like for breakfast?

Rest of 'em so far:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Dominica-PR-2011/17178691_S8Zhf9#1302442658_vGtmPW2

Some are geo-tagged--hit "map this" then "play" if so desired.
Mike