Re: [OM] (IMG) getting acquainted with Focus Magic

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) getting acquainted with Focus Magic
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:34:15 -0300
Sure, here it is Jim. It was too late for me yesterday.

Additional data:
almost sure this version was just out of the scanner, after SI2Pro to resize.
special note: the Coolscan 4000ED took the longest time I recall
scanning this Velvia or any other reversal film. I was surprised, the
Nikon worked _very slowly for more than an hour_ !
look than green foliage is dark blue instead of vivid green, and the
flower is pale and lacks the contrast I intended to achieve with my
experimental x3 T-32s w/ neutral filters (afraid to over-expose
despite TTL-OTF).
setup: tripod mounted 65~115mm (unrecorded extension), Zuiko Macro
135mm ƒ/4,5 @ ƒ/8, OM 4 on Auto mode and self-timer, one of the T32
was mounted on a PBG 2, using the more dense ND, and IIRC it was at
about 1.5 meters away of the flower. the one at my left might have had
no ND but was 2.5 meters away, the one at my right was wearing the
medium density ND and standing at less than 2 meters, at the very
right of the flower (+95º aprox). lots of TTL OTF cables and T20
adapters to fit equipment on three tripods.
As Ken taught me a while ago, Velvia 50 is prone to 'Blue in Green'
(quoting Miles Davis). Surely, Moose would fix this quickly but I
spent 2 hours, plus one hour of slow scanning (!).

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/5754686388/in/photostream/lightbox/>

Fernando