Re: [OM] Feeble attempts at getting it out of my system

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeble attempts at getting it out of my system
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:38:52 -0500
> I forgot that the L1 is an E-330 look-alike.  That means it's a DSLR and
> has phase detect AF which should be quick.  I wonder what the problem is.

No AF. Strictly adapted manual lenses. The speed issue is just the
slight latency while a camera does all that it does before taking the
picture. There have always been some cameras a little quicker than
others. It's not that the L1 is defective, it's just not as
"get-er-done" as the E-1.

I also wrote about this recently in regards to the OM-4T with MD2.
That really is a fast camera setup. It's into the second picture
before the L1 can even get the first picture taken. I'm not sure what
the shutter-lag is for the OM-4T/MD2 combo, but the interval between
frames is 200ms. I wouldn't hesitate to say that the L1's latency is
no less than 200ms.

Kirk Tuck recently wrote about this in regards to the pair of 1Dmk2
cameras he recently purchased. Compared to his 5Dmk2, 7D and 60D, they
get up and haul the mail.

AG