[OM] [OT] In depth SUV scientific based analysis (was Totally OT(Toyota

Subject: [OM] [OT] In depth SUV scientific based analysis (was Totally OT(Toyota 4x4))
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:58:18 +1200
Boris wrote

> P.S.  BTW Brian, the car you are looking at is fantastic, it was my first
> choice when I was on the market for an SUV, but choose the Jeep for two
> reasons: Cheaper to repair and I really disliked the position of the front
> seats in the Toyota.  They are almost as low as thoz found in the
> roadsters.

Actually, it is my nearly 30 yo daughter who is looking at it. (30 yo ?? where
have all the years gone? and no grandkids yet !)

If I had not exhausted my disposable cash keeping my Rangie on the road, I
would have sold it and bought one of these 1997 Surfs = 4-runners
AND I would have taken the horrible front seats out and installed a set from
either Range Rover or Mitsubishi Pajero. They are really comfortable, and
don't fold a tall person in half like the Toyota seats do.

I did an online check for FJs. There are none in NZ. Never seen one before.

Hummers have been released here. The off-road enthusiasts quickly found
out that they are too wide for mountain / forest tracks, AND the gates
through which they must drive to enter most properties. I'd bet their value
dropped like a stone.  Never see one off the tarseal.

Brian Swale.