Re: [OM] [OT] In depth SUV scientific based analysis (was TotallyOT

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] In depth SUV scientific based analysis (was TotallyOT
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:48:11 -0700 (PDT)
...weird murkin spellink...

Actually, this is hilarious...I hope you intentionally spelled it like
that...Thats how 99.99% of the Eastern Europeans would pronounce "spelling",
including yours truly (well, up until about five years ago).

I have a question tho...but lemme preface it with the statement that am asking
out of curiosity, not because am being argumentative.

Why would you want to stick with the current overly complicated spellature...:)
 It doesnt matter if English, American, French, German and bunch of other
languages...

Here is what I mean.  Take for example Bulgaria...:)  The Bulgarian alphabet,
at times wrongly called Cyrillic, has enough letters to reproduce all the
sounds in the language and you never ever need to learn spelling.  Everything
is spelled the way it is pronounced.  Why dont you add additional letters to
the English alphabet (for example), make everything easy, really...in today's
environment, kids could use the time to learn something important...because, I
can tell you that the Bulgarian kids are done learning the alphabet and
spelling by the third quarter of first grade.  Everything else from then on is
used for building up the vocabulary.  This also allows the second graders to
read at a level comparable to sixth even seventh grade in the English speaking
countries.

I know that at least one Indian language is like that, although, no idea about
how that affect the literacy of students compared to their Western counterparts
which intelligence is being measured by how well you know the cumbersome rules
of spelling.

Once again, asking a simple question, not trying to start an argument.

Boris