Re: [OM] (OM) E-3 going for a song - maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) E-3 going for a song - maybe
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:36:12 +0100
Hmm, on TradeMe?  That's the outfit that charged me NZ$10 for "address
verification" to enable me to ask a seller a question a while back. They
promptly thereafter terminated my membership for not being in NZ or Aus. On
complaining that they had changed their rules retrospectively and without
notification, they agreed to refund my NZ$10 - after taking a processing fee
of NZ$5. I remonstrated, they prevaricated, they referred me to their
then-current T&Cs which allowed them to do it, I reminded them of their T&Cs
when I had joined which did not. And I suggested they seek legal advice.
They paid up, in full.

I wouldn't touch TradeMe with a bargepole, even if I were in NZ or Aus.

Piers