Re: [OM] IMG: Baby Crow After Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Baby Crow After Storm
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:03:22 -0700
On 5/27/2011 8:52 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> There are scads of crows around here but I haven't noticed any babies.
> But baby blackbirds are in great abundance and learning the hard way.
> Two of them have attempted to fly through the back porch windows (glass
> on 3 sides) in the last couple of days.  And those are just the ones I
> saw.  Both attempted to go through the window on a takeoff from the deck
> so weren't going very fast when they hit.  They seemed to shrug it off
> OK.  At least they flying again without difficulty.

Around here, after two or three days from their first flight, the
fledgling crows are easy to tell from the adults because they are the
ones flapping their wings with their beaks agape. LOL
Recently, a mailer from a bird shop contained an almost transparent
sticker of a humming bird fot the window.  Seems to work, since there
has been no hits since putting it on the window.  The Starlings just
fledged so we will see about that.  Those young Starlings are not very
bright. LOL
Paul in Portland OR