Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:01:12 +0100
Brian

I think that loads of people get that sound wrong, probably because they don't
take care to find out the right spelling and pronunciation.  Another word that
is similarly corrupted is "homogeneous" (from which the second 'e' is commonly
omitted); or "mischievous" (into which people -- northerners for the most part
-- insert another, penultimate syllable using an 'i' or 'e').

The Anenome is a sea creature, isn't it?

And I understand that you might avoid "whose" for a thing rather than a person,
but you should replace it with something like "the name of which".  However, I
prefer just to use "whose" :-)

Chris