Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: "Jon Mitchell" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:53:54 +0100
<snip>

Why do cars have bonnets? Pleeeeeease!

</snip>

Er, why do cars have hoods ?  Last time I checked a hood is a part of a coat
to keep the rain off your head.

And why do cars have trunks ?  Surely a trunk is something that an Elephant
has ?

<snip>

Take the word "Aluminum" as an example. The way the Brits way it hurts my
ears.

</snip>

And I'm very sorry that we way we say Aluminium hurts your ears.  I'm glad
to say that the way you say Aluminum doesn't hurt mine, but it does make me
think of one of my favourite muppet moments ....

"Aluminum - do dooo de do do; Aluminum - do do do do; Aluminum - do dooo de
do do de do do de do do de do de do de do do dodo do".

;-)

Jon