Re: [OM] [IMGs] Yosemite gallery growing

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMGs] Yosemite gallery growing
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 09:22:22 -0400
My greatest photographic disappointment during our round-the-country
tour in 2008 was being at great landscape photography sites... seemingly
always between 10am and 2pm.  I even sought out the spot where St. Ansel
took his famous "The Tetons and the Snake River" photo.
I even managed to be there at 3:45pm.  But the sky was still blue with
nary a cloud to be seen and the Tetons largely lost in haze.  I just
couldn't stay around for 2-3 weeks as Adams did waiting for the shot
with clearing storm and perfect light.  :-)
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Adams_The_Tetons_and_the_Snake_River.jpg>

Incidentally, I had not realized until now that this and many other of
Ansel's famous photos are in the public domain since he was employed by
the National Park Service when he took them.  You can download this and
other scans.  This is the restored and contrast adjusted version but the
original scans are also available.  Unfortunately, they're not high
enough resolution to make a really large print.

Chuck Norcutt