Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:43:06 +1000
For some of us, the Great Bowel Shift was much more recent.
I shouldn't have eaten that tripe and chick pea stew on Monday.

I have a couple of Norman friends and they don't communicate that well -
perhaps the tribe has faltered. But they are quite assertive and it's hard to
argue with an arrow in the eye.
I did at one point study Old English (Wessex dialect) but it didn't stick.
Nasty teutonic stuff.
I much preferred Middle English and can recite some Chaucer and do if prodded
or when drunk.
Riff raff - why can't we use good old English terms like Lumpenproletariat
instead?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx