Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:22:50 -0700
On 6/3/2011 11:06 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I don't think that I could drive a classic Mini with any equanimity.  It was
> slow, small, noisy, uncomfortable, slow, small . . .

I didn't want to offend any sensibilities, but now that a Brit has spoken . . .
There were bits of genius in the highly
original design, but it was still a tinny, uncomfortable, slow, little car that
I would never want to have, then or now.
I thought much the same thing about the first, little Civic, BTW.

Understand, I come from a background in the State of Freeways, where reasonable
acceleration, the ability to see beyond
the large cars around one and at least a slim chance of surviving a chance
encounter at speed are highly valued by most
of us.

> The new ones are really good, but still small . . .

Wouldn't have one on a bet. They make the Mazda econobox* we use for most of
our driving to save money and the planet
look gigantic - and make me feel safer in it. :-)   At least the '56 VW I used
to drive in a questionable manner back
when I was very young, and thus immortal, was underpowered enough to make high
speeds impractical most of the time.

Downhill With Tailwind Moose

* Not what I would have chosen, but inheritance made the price right, and it
does the job.