Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 03:37:12 +0930
On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:58:33AM -0400, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Do I remember correctly a beast known as an "Austin Mini Cooper S"?

The Pommy motor industry being what it was, I reckon the actual brand
name was mostly irrelevant... I had a '58 Morris Major for a while (it
had a coarse spline diff, for the REAL anoraks) but they (and the next
model with the 'fins') were also sold out here as an Austin Lancer.

My first mini was a 'Morris Mini Deluxe' (a '68 - almost as old as I
was), but my mini van was 8 years newer and was ostensibly made by
Leyland - it certainly rusted like one!!!. A young lady who was a
classmate at TAFE had an 'Austin Mini Cooper S' at the time.

davidt