I would bet Sandy is on the right track. Low voltage or humidity are the two
main problems with electronics. In addition to checking the battery, check
that the contacts are clean.
Generally no cure for moisture. It is most often a one way path to complete
From: Sandy Harris [mailto:sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx]
Subject: Re: [OM] Repairs for E-510?
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Steve & Alicia Goss
> My E-510 is starting to lose some functions. The internal flash will not
> charge up. The display in the viewfinder is not lighting up. The beep
> and red flash when it focuses is not happening any more.
All the problems are related to electrical functions. Could it be
something like a low voltage, weak battery? Can you replace
the battery, borrow another battery to test, clean the contacts,
...? If those fix it, fine. If not, then consider whether to repair
Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition: http://www.tope.nl/