Re: [OM] (OM) OT words

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT words
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 13:17:19 -0700
On 6/8/2011 12:55 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I learned to drive in a chevy pickup truck that had a three on the tree,
> dead shocks and a plugged cat which gave it all of aobut 1/4" of throttle
> response. Oh, and the clutch was bad. Of course, when you stalled it, you
> lost both power steering and brakes.

LOL, a long way apart. Nobody had heard of a cat when I was first driving. And
Power what? At least the plebeian cars I
got to drive didn't even have motorized wipers; they ran on manifold vacuum.
Open the throttle all the way, accelerating
or going up a hill, and the wipers slowed or stopped.

> . . .
>
> My own first car was a 4-door Dodge Omni . . . Unfortunately, to Moose's
> point, without the
> recline-to-flat seats, the gear-shift ended up in places less than
> comfortable.

The Peugeots with fold flat seats had column shifts. :-)   The CR 4-speed in
the Chevy replaced a column shift in a car
with a bench front seat. So the seat couldn't go forward very far. Fortunately,
it was two door, and a block under the
outside corner of the folding seat back allowed my first wife to drive it.

Moose