Re: [OM] Strictly OT: System Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] Strictly OT: System Crash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:04:51 -0400
PATA is Parallel ATA. previously just called ATA (for AT Attachment)
dates back to the IBM PC/AT.  It is seriously old, uses short-run, wide,
flat cables and has been around in continuing reincarnations until SATA
(Serial ATA) was developed about 2003.

As I noted and Moose commented on, if might be difficult to find a drive
at this point which can communicate with your drive controller for the
80GB boot drive. You need to check the model of your drive and determine
if your drive/controller can speak SATA II.  But I'm encouraged by the
fact that you have eSATA... unless you added that later as a separate
controller.

Chuck Norcutt