Re: [OM] Pro Spec micro 4/3 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pro Spec micro 4/3 ?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 21:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew,

I will be very interested in your review of the a35.  To me, the most important
feature in camera is this:

"Display Real-time image adjustment display (reflects exposure compensation,
white balance, Sunset / B&W of Creative Style )"

It allows you to see (usually in manual) your exposure compensation in real
time, which takes out the guesswork when it comes to low/high key photography
etc.  I am also interested if it has the ability to spot meter using a cursor
as in my A200.  Moving of the cursor, allows you to take a spot reading at the
cursor's location.

I see that they got rid of the dexterous LCD, which in my opinion was a move in
a wrong direction.  I wish they got rid of the viewfinder, but since there is
one...I would be interested in its distance from your eye and in particular if
you are able to see comfortable the entire picture.  The only complaint that I
ever had with the OM1 was that the image was too close to the eye, good for
macro, but not so good for landscape...

Panorama stitching is another important feature and I see they have the "Easy
Partial Color", I would be interested in hearing about that one too.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Best

Boris

From:   Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:22:01 +1000

They're OK - got some nice shots when I had a loaner and I should be getting
hold of the new one today, along with an a35.
But I'm always slightly offended by the 'smallest' claim when they've got such
big lenses on them.
Andrew Fildes