Re: [OM] (OM) Was cockatoos ... diversion

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Was cockatoos ... diversion
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew beat me to it when it comes to intelligence, but here's the funniest
cockatoo story:

About a month ago, I and the rest of the familia went to the pet store to buy
supplies for the various pets comprizing the zoo my house has been transformed
into.  During the mandatory stop by the bird cages, we saw a baby cockatoo,
actually it saw me first...:)

Christa and Alex were already there and were looking at it.  I came later and
when it saw me, the bird went nuts and "transformed" into a cat...:)
Seriously, if I put my finger on the glass, it would start rubbing against it
the way cat does it.  Upon finger removal, it would start behaving like a cat
whom you just stopped petting.  It would lay on its back and start
rollying-pollying inviting me to continue until I put back my finger on the
glass.  If I decided to leave, it would run amok the cage trying to get my
attention.

I do have this effect on pets, with the exception of dogs.  Dogs growl at me.
All of them.

Boris