Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:12:40 -0700
On 6/12/2011 8:35 AM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> For me both Firefox an IE show changes, there is mild sharpening near the
> eye area at least. For the background artifacts mentioned by Fernando, I
> belive it is due to JPEG compression.

Eye, eyebrow, lips and, ever so slightly, part of the nose. I suppose no one
but me will see the nose part.

On 6/12/2011 6:16 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> The sharpen effects shall be easily seen with any monitor without zoom,
>   . . . or you need a new glasses.

I think visual acuity may well be part of the issue. Remember, I have 20/10
(6/3) vision, I can resolve detail at 6 m
that a person with average vision can't see unless twice as close.  I see
detail that most people don't.

The moment I saw the image, I was aware of a difference in focus/sharpness
between the side of the head, ear, etc. and
the eye, nose and lips. Perhaps that wasn't as obvious to others.

On 6/12/2011 2:21 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I meant to add that the image is only 800x600 so whether your monitor or
> mine we were both seeing 1:1 pixels.  But blowing it up a bit must have
> replicated some pixels and made it visible to me... he of 20-20
> vision... not!

Case in point! :-)

Still, the monitor could make a difference. Pixel level contrast in the display
itself would make a difference.

Actual pixel size should also make a difference. At any given pixel dimensions,
a physically larger monitor will have
larger individual pixels - and detail will be more easily seen.

Moose