Re: [OM] (OM) Moon eclipse and E- body frustration

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Moon eclipse and E- body frustration
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:52:21 -0500
> Rotary mode selector on top. Click click, set speed on display, set
aperture
> and focus on lens, and in business within about 10 seconds.
>
> Why didn't Olympus make it that simple for the E-3?

This one of the things that I found completely backwards about the E-3, as
compared to the E-1. Stuff that was instant-access became buried or part of
multi-function buttons.  I'm not particularily a fan of modal-exposure
cameras, but this was something that make the E-3 and now E-5 less than
desirable for me. Unlike some people, I couldn't come to terms with the way
Olympus implemented it.

But, Brian, this is still an inexcusable pilot-error for you, because it is
our job to know our tools well enough to use them before we've had our third
cup of coffee in the morning.

:)

AG