Re: [OM] Start saving now...

Subject: Re: [OM] Start saving now...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:41:48 -0500
> You give the Panny G3 quite high marks on zone-10, at least tentatively
> unitl a full review.
> Where by these criteria does the G3 or the GH2 miss the mark.

I think the GH2 is very close, except in areas of weather-proofing, control
vulnerability and the cramp-you-hand grip shape/size. One specific advantage
to the GH2 is the important data in the viewfinder does appear below the
image area. The G3 is said to be purely overlay.

I do like the fact the GH2 possesses switches and a mode dial. I like
switches for some functions rather than a push-spin function. The G3 is very
intriguing because it appears that Panasonic has simplified the camera
enough, and removed enough options that it is actually more pro-like than
the kitchen-sink GH2. And the price is fantastic.

The GH2 is a modernized Minolta A1. It seems to get most of the controls
right and is highly customizable to make the camera conform to a specific
working style.

AG