Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:15:23 -0400
A tripod does more than hold the camera still.  A tripod also allows for
very precise framing and leveling which is a requisite for good
architectural photography.  That's why I also placed a premium on ease
of tripod adjustment and the tightening of adjustment screws/knobs
without disturbing the setting.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/16/2011 1:54 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Chuck seems to have the expertise, judging by that photo :-)
>
> I wouldn't bother with the flash, either.  And for the lens, I have
> the Tamron 10-24 (in Pentax fit) and I like the results of that.
>
> And going on the performance of my Pentacchio, I wouldn't bother with
> the tripod, but I don't know how the Rebel XS handles higher ISO
> shots.
>
> Chris
>
> On 16 Jun 2011, at 16:17, Bob Whitmire wrote:
>
>> My nephew e-mailed me the other day with a camera question. He
>> works up listings for real estate agents, and wants to start
>> offering interior photos as part of the service. He said most of
>> his clients use little p&s cameras and really hate doing the work.
>>
>> He's not a shooter, and he hasn't bought anything yet, so what
>> follows is his first stab at a list of gear:
>>
>> Camera: Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm
>> f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG/ref=pd_ybh_2?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=010CHJ3EDC40R3CNZTEJ

Flash:  Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras