Re: [OM] (OM) OT photographic competition prizes

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT photographic competition prizes
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:19:49 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/2011 12:20:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

It's  amazing what makes art headlines ..... /   prizewinners

http://www.px3.fr/winners/cat_details.php?cat_name=Book+%28Series+Onl
y%29&compName=PX3+2011&pro=pro

"Different strokes for different folks"

There is much within art and art photography that doesn't appeal to me,
however that is not to say that it is not art.  One of the books being
promoted/honored is Susan Burnstine's "Within Shadows."  A couple of years  ago
had the opportunity to meet Susan at a two day workshop she was doing  for
the Texas Photographic Society.  I find her, her method of capture and  her
imagery to be intriguing.

If someone doesn't appreciate her work, they probably would not enjoy that
of Keith Carter, who is another of my favorite image makers, thought
provokers,  artists . . .

That could also be said of Christopher James.

And the list goes on . . .

I'm glad the world of art essentially has no boundaries and there is room
for all.  Some of it will "speak" to me and others won't.  Some will  be
pleasing and others upsetting.  Some will have me asking, "What the hell  is
this?" and not everyone will respond the same way.

It is, after all, art.

Bill Barber