Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT, kinda) Helping a nephew
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:01:01 -0400
Looking over the interchangeable lens cameras (SLR and mirrorless) on DPreview
it seems like Sony and Pentax pretty much have the in-camera HDR thing to
themselves.  I used DPreview's feature search function to narrow the field on
P&S cameras with in-camera HDR and 24mm equivalent at the wide end.  Alll
except a Nikon turned out to have superzooms which seem to me as undesirable.
Checking the details on the Nikon found no mention of HDR as did checking a
couple of others.  Obviously there are lots of errors in DPreview's database.
But I think a similar search on interchangeable lens cameras returns more
reliable results.  The search returned 19 cameras almost all of them Sony or
Pentax.

If reasonable HDR can be done with no more work than a levels adjustment in
post then I would give very strong consideration to that feature for interior
architecture.

Chuck Norcutt