Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans - solved !

Subject: Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans - solved !
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:00:40 -0300
On a whim I emailed FilmScanUSE.com and their response is shown immediately
below.

I do have an OEM holder and I do have the Nikon supplied 120 film size
masks.

And now ...... no more Newton rings !!

jh

Nikon OEM holders FH-869G have ANR top glass and clear bottom glass.  Nikon
has no option for ANR bottom glass. The film must be held up slightly above
glass (not touching) in order to avoid Newton Rings.  Nikon supplies a set
of thin mask for holding film above glass for 120 film size, for other film
size you must make your own mask.

Our replacement holder is made by modifying the 35mm holder. Our holder has
top ANR glass and bottom clear glass. You must come up with your own film
mask.  The only advantage of our holder is larger film and frame area, can
use film 70mm wide.  We can supply a ANR bottom glass, but not recommended
as it will add a little softness.  Our glass can be changed at any time, it
is simple glass cut to correct size and placed into holder, no fancy hinge
or latch.

If you don't need the 70mm film size then the OEM holder is better than ours
(if you can find them).
Phone # (541)746-0558

Not sure of the shipping situation to Canada with postal strike at this
time.

Thank You
Darrell