Re: [OM] getting out of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] getting out of OM
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:29:33 +0900 (JST)
Hi Sandy,

> > But the world has moved on and so have I. I have an E-P1 + 17/f2.8 combo
> > now that I adore and I'll be adding the announced 25/f1.4 ...
>
> Why not keep the 50 and get an adapter to use it on the E-P1?
> If you liked the 90, a 100 1.4 equivalent should appeal to you.

Good question !  I tried my 50/f1.4 on my previous digital system camera, an
E-420, and I didn't like it. Exposure was off when wide open (f2.8 finally
works better), which seriously reduces usability. Also, I never came to terms
with manual focusing on a camera that's clearly meant to be used with AF
lenses. The focus tools of digital cameras (bar the Leica M8/9) are really
quite useless when you're used to an OM-3 + 2-13 screen or a Leica.

>From a personal side, I work much less with longer lenses these days. I like
>to get up close with my subjects. A 50mm on film is what I use for portrait
>these days, a 35mm is my regular lens.

Peter.