Re: [OM] IMG: First Bloom on New Butterfly Bush

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: First Bloom on New Butterfly Bush
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:30:20 -0700
On 6/17/2011 2:54 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> At the suggestion of Rick Beckrich, I ordered a Butterfly Bush and planted it
> this Spring.  I have great hopes for easier B'fly photos.  It is now about 2
> feet high, and the first bloom has appeared at the top.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/First+Bloom+on+Butterfly+Bush.jpg.html

Ours was a gift from Mike & Marnie, who had been visiting a butterfly garden
before visiting here. We seem to have it in
the wrong place in the garden, maybe even in the wrong garden. In the hot
interior valleys, they do wonderfully well.
Instead of being a bush, ours is more like a pole, reaching ever upward in
search of bright, hot sun.

It does bloom, this being the first of the year.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_June_2011&image=_MG_2233cria70.jpg>
 But the
bloom is about 8 feet up, with only sparse foliage below. We're trying to
figure out where to relocate it. We'd like a
nice, full bush with massive blooms like this one in Sonoma last year.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Glen_Ellen&image=IMG_0868ia.jpg>

Moose