Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:13:16 -0500
> Aside from the existential questions, I doubt that God cares about your
lens. Sorry...

Ah! But this is where the twist is. I agree that God probably doesn't care
about the lens, but God does care about me.

OK, to satisfy the Andrews of the list, let me restate the situation:

Somehow, positive thought energies combined with unexplained magnetive
forces, vehicle vibration and motion to tighten two screws enough to allow
the lens to extend past the obstruction. The specific point of failure
resulted in an unrepairable situation which turned the lens into a brick.
The way the screws had loosened, it was impossible (and trust me, I tried)
to move the lens because the screw heads were running into the next tube.

In my years of walking on this planet, I've never encounted a situation
where a screw tightened on its own. They tend to loosen. Maybe, it's because
I'm in the northern hemisphere. Down in Australia, the laws of physics work
differently and the righty-tighty, lefty-loosey screws behave differently. I
suppose I'd need to see some evidence of that, though.

OK, scratch the positive thought energies. This was just a a freek occurance
and somehow those screws just corrected themselves with no human influence.
Hmm. Maybe whatever happened to the screws can happen to my worn tires on
the Jeep? It would be so cool if they would just somehow pick up enough
rubber particules from the road to make them like new again.

Anyhoo, the lens is working again and whatever explanation pleases you is
fine with me. I'll stick with my story, though. :)

AG