Re: [OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:54:06 -0400
I see a lot of OMs in which high speeds have been "adjusted" by turning
the curtain speed settings visible under the md switch.  WRONG.
Curtains must go across the film plane at the same speed. All this will
do (depending on how much info is given by the shutter tester) will make
user think high speeds are correct when they are really only correct in
the center of the frame.  Underexposure on opening side, good in the
center, overexposure on the closing side.  Or vice versa depending on
which curtain is sped up or slowed down.  Adjusting high speeds are done
elsewhere.

Shutter speeds when fired with motor drive or winder may be slightly
faster than when fired by hand.  Same applies when mirror is locked up
in OM-1/1N. High speeds are slightly faster (or slower, don't remember).

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977