Re: [OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:09:38 +0800
Hi John, you are right about the shutter adjustment, the two turning
positions under the md switch is to balance the left and right exposure. I
did shutter measurement not only at the center but also at extreme left and
right (the higher the speed the more critical).

In my experience for OM-1(n), the shutter speed can usually be
corrected/balanced by slightly adjust the two positions (increase the
tensions due to curtain strings loosing with age?). For OM-1(n) there is a
"disc" under the mirror box for adjusting of each individual speed but I
found it seldom necessary.

The high shutter speeds (1/500 and 1/1000) of OM-1/2 are much slower (~0.5
stop or more) when operates with MD (may be winder also).

C.H.Ling