Re: [OM] What, no OM mount???

Subject: Re: [OM] What, no OM mount???
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 16:22:59 +1000
iPhonography is enormously popular. The iPhone 4 recently passed all
others as the camera most used for photos uploaded the Flickr:

http://www.modem3g.com/blog/2011/06/iphone-overtakes-flickr-as-most-popular-camera/

and iPhonography exhibitions are regularly held, even inside Apple's
own stores. Like Lomo, Diana, Holga, et cetera, there's always an
niche waiting to be filled with an enthusiam and its accompanying
craft and paraphernalia.

While much is done in-phone to squeeze and blur and blanch and slice
and stretch and smear and hone pixels, going from other accessories
available there is a reasonable possibility of a desire to further
increase the number of tools in the toolbox with options unavailable
via app (there is not always "an app for that"), be it true DoF
effects, or magnification, or fisheye or whatever. I desire this
product very little myself except for the usual gear-lust, but it
tickles the hell out of me, as much as any leftfielding technique,
gadget or technology associated with the art/craft, that someone is
playing and having what they consider fun well off the usual roads.
Impractical, possibly foolish and absurd even, but then I'm rather
fond of the latter two and glad of its comedy...glad to *participate*
at times in its comedy (or some would say tragi-comedy. It's all a
rich tapestry. ;) ).

So, why? Because it's there. :)

Cheers,
Marc