Re: [OM] IMG: Medieval Merchants House

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Medieval Merchants House
From: Gerry Walden <gwpics@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:57:31 +0100
Brian

Thanks for your interest. This is an extract from the English Heritage web site:

"John Fortin, a merchant who traded with Bordeaux, started building this house
c. 1290. A residence and place of business, it stood on one of the busiest
streets in medieval Southampton. Now restored to its mid-14th-century
appearance by the removal of later additions, it is equipped with replica
period furnishings. It stands near the medieval town wall, built to defend
Southampton against seaborne attacks."

Best wishes

Gerry