Re: [OM] IMG: Foliage in Black & White

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Foliage in Black & White
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:36:56 -0700
On 7/10/2011 11:48 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> This sunlit foliage caught my eye today.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Foliage+in+Black+_amp_+White.jpg.html
>
> E-1 with ZD 35/3.5 Macro
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.

Nice composition and conversion.

Although likely an accurate representation of the subject, for someone who
wasn't there, and is viewing the image only
for itself, I find the washed out look of the front two leaves detracts from
it. Balancing it with the other leaves
makes it more pleasing to my eye.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Foliage_in_Black_and_White.htm>

Of course I couldn't resist a bit of other tuning up, which may not be to
everyone's taste, but the idea should be clear.

Like someone else (Chuck?) said, it would make a very nice print.

Moose