Re: [OM] On a totally unrelated note

Subject: Re: [OM] On a totally unrelated note
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:40:55 -0500
> Hey, great news, except for the commute. I hear books on tape are a good help.

iTunesU

Been studying for my CCNA whenever I get a chance. Unfortunately, I've
been so busy lately that it's been weeks since I've cracked the books.

Been also studying solar technology. Some pretty cool stuff out there.
If we can combine that with a decent little fuel-cell box, we could
easily create self-powered electronic devices (cell towers, etc) that
only need periodic maintenance/visits. I also think about how much I'd
like to have a house which is "unplugged" from all the various utility
leaches.

Totally related to the last sentence, we're going to be looking at one
house on Saturday, that is north of the city a mile. The basic
structure was built in 1890, but has been recently remodelled to very
modern standards. Actually, it's a pretty nice house. But it also
comes with a couple small, but very attractive barns. They've got
"photography studio" written all over them. Anyway, the possibility of
going unplugged there with wind and solar is quite high.

AG