[OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?

Subject: [OM] donuts in a Zeiss Makro Planar !?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:43:04 -0400 (EDT)
That is a super nice lens but Big Foot has nicer bokeh.  The Zeiss has
more microcontrast pop
whatever that is.  (LCE at the 8-10 pixel level seems to simulate it
FWIW)

http://slrlensreview.com/web/benchmarks-resources-131/134-macro-challenge/521-macro-challenge-part-1.html

See the flower images here for some comparisons:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1025651/0#lastmessage

That be said I still enjoy using the Zuiko 135 as it is has a tripod
mount on the autotube and is very sharp stopped down even a bit.
BigFoot has nicer bokeh iunder some conditions such as OOF foreground
and close backgrounds but just a wee bit further away the Zuiko 135 is
great in that dep't too.  I will give it some exercise this weekend on
our hybrid daylilies that just popped. It is a bit more stable to stack
images with due to the tripod mount.

Never met a macro lens I didn't like for something, Mike