Re: [OM] Photogeek-chic

Subject: Re: [OM] Photogeek-chic
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:59:27 +1000
On 15 July 2011 10:31, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do like the lens cup.  Wish I had one... and also the real lens it's
> modeled after.

They (photojojo) sell a Nikon lens vacuum flask as well, where the
tripod mount and base forms the cup for the flask. Nifty, though that
in a Canon 70-200 would be my preference.

I've often been drawn to the actual lens, but keep plonking the primes
on the front of the 5DMkII. Maybe in future when I start travelling a
bit more I'll see more of its benefits (or I'll just fall for the
temptation), but for now I use as a zoom that which is on the E-P2.

On 15 July 2011 10:34, Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would say that is being in tune with a partner.
>
> Congratulations Marc, and... Happy Birthday.

Thanks, Rick. He's pretty good for an old bloke. ;)

On 15 July 2011 10:36, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> MARS Bar!!!!!!
>
> You're all right, no matter what Andrew says about you.
>
> The gray in the beard has to go, though.  :). You're still too young for that.

Mars Bar *Caramel* no less - an all-caramel Mars Bar. For me, lately
(I've lost a fair whack of weight - 34kg/75lbs - in the last 9 months)
it's a rare tip of the hat to overprocessed empty calories, and I
regret it not a jot (it of course didn't last the day). :)

Andrew lies! (Unless he's being saying nice things about me, and I
can't imagine that. ;) ). But the grey will stay - my age has been
underestimated most of my life, and being in receipt of condescension
figures prominently in my employment and social history (I choose to
blame it solely on appearance ;) ). Anything that ages me somewhat
isn't perhaps considered as negatively with me as it often is by
others (though I draw the line at wearing corduroy pants drawn up just
under my nipples and complaining about the youth of today).

Cheers,
Marc
http://www.parknmeter.com