Re: [OM] Why we do it

Subject: Re: [OM] Why we do it
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 05:51:15 -0400
On Jul 14, 2011, at 5:41 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Thanks for the update, Bob. I was wondering how it turned out. Did you have
> the hand-paint surface done? Or just a standard coating? Also, I assume this
> was the fine-art canvas print, and not the bonded, which I had done.

I did do the fine-art canvas in the gallery wrap, but had the regular coating.
I wish I could see a sample of the "painterly" coating before ordering one.
I've got a couple of images that in theory could benefit from a more painterly
look, but Miller's ain't exactly cheap and I'm loath to part with the bucks.
But having heard your description, and seen the results from the regular
coating, I may just pull the trigger anyway.

An update to the update: Before having the 20x30 done, I had a 12x18 made just
to see what it would look like. I was so impressed I immediately ordered the
20x30. Meanwhile, a new information center opened in Bristol, which is the
large (in area) town where Round Pond is located. I, along with other town
artists, were invited to hang some pictures in the new center. For sale, with
the town getting 20 percent commission. I figured, "what the hey," and took the
12x18 down there, as I had the 20x30 already in the gallery. Saw one of the
town hall employees at the Round Pond dock last night and she told me I would
be getting a check today 'cause the picture had already sold. WooooHooooo!

> That's a fantastic image to have done on canvas. I'd probably buy it!

I'm easy to find. Google maps. Also, Miller's drop ships. <g> Thanx!

--Bob