Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]

Subject: Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT -TickRemoval]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:38:24 -0400
One of the nicer non-advertised features of being in England and
Scotland was no skeeters.  Whilst in London and in Scotland we slept
with the windows open.  Generally quite necessary as it was quite warm.
  It's a good thing there are no skeeters since there are no screens.
But in Scotland two of my traveling companions were bitten by midgies
near the water: Loch Lomond, IIRC.  From the looks of the bites, while
not as bad, it seems to have more in common with being bitten by a fire
ant than a skeeter.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant#Introduced_species>
I'm glad that I was apparently perceived as somewhat less tasty.

Chuck Norcutt