Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/7/2011: summer on Lake Geneva

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/7/2011: summer on Lake Geneva
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 07:24:55 -0400
I really like the photo of the flag, water and mountains.  But I can't
really agree that it's a "typical Swiss tourist picture".   There's a
bit of artistry there since the focus is on the flag and you've allowed
the boats and mountains to be out of focus in the background.  A tourist
would likely have focused on the boats or the mountains and, if carrying
a small point and shoot, would have had depth of field sufficient to
render everything in focus including the flag no matter whether focus
was on the flag or infinity. (I'm guessing the flag was some 15-20
meters away)

Chuck Norcutt