[OM] IMG Intuitive Chameleon Arachnid?

Subject: [OM] IMG Intuitive Chameleon Arachnid?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:25:31 -0700
I was sitting out in the yard, soaking up some rays, reading and enjoying the
flowers, when something seemingly out of
place attracted my attention.

It was a first for me, a yellow spider with some red pattern on the body. So of
course I hustled in and grabbed a
camera. Took some shots with 60D and Tammy 28-300VC. Then since it is the type
that lays in wait, so was staying put, I
got 5D and Tammy 90/2.8 macro.

I didn't go to the trouble of setting up the tripod, etc. The best shots were
clearly with 60D and zoom. Had I set up a
tripod, etc,. and not scared the spider away, perhaps the macro would have at
least matched the zoom, maybe beaten it.

So here's the yellow predator, with it's rather limited web.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_2649cr.jpg>

For those not easily frightened, here's a closer look.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_2649cr2.jpg>

So here's the weird part. It's on the leaf of a gladiola. That particular one
hasn't blossomed yet, but I'm betting that
it looks like this.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_2656cr.jpg>

If so, that's carrying color coordination to serious extremes. And how does the
spider know?

Maybe the glad will be white or pale lavender. If so, will I be relieved?

I. Color Coordinated Moose