Re: [OM] Off-topic, Bass and Off-spring

Subject: Re: [OM] Off-topic, Bass and Off-spring
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:21:33 -0500
So, "Infodad" had to address the the weaknesses of the current
musicial instrument situation at home. Ever since our condo has been
on the market, we put a bunch of the sound equipment away, but now the
need for it back again was made apparent.

Therefore, out in the garage I went. As most of you occupents of this
country know, it's been a bit thermally uncomfortable. After 30
seconds, I was completely drenched as I moved boxes around to get to
the speakers, amp and cables. Oh and another keyboard and stand...
Fortunately, DD#2 helped me out getting the dust wiped off everything.

So, now we've got two keyboards, speakers and amplifier/mixer setup in
the living room and irate neigbors pounding on our doors... I'll
admit, it does actually sound pretty good. :)

The other keyboard is much smaller and lighter, so DD#2 is able to
take it upstairs to her room without a problem. The primary keyboard
is a Yamaha S90 beast which weighs about 60 pounds in the gig bag.
That one needs the Jeep to haul around--it doesn't fit in the Prius at
all.

Oh, DD#1's fingers? No bloody stumps yet, but she's probably got 20
hours of playing in since Saturday night. Wierd, she hasn't been on
facebook much lately...

AG