Re: [OM] Random thought about camera design

Subject: Re: [OM] Random thought about camera design
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:19:35 +0200
I know what you mean. Back in my film days I once bought a Leica Minilux.
Wonderful compact camera, with a great 40mm lens. But after a couple of months
I sold it. Why? Because the camera had no way to permanently turn off the
flash. Every time you had turned off and later turned it back on, it switched
to autoflash. To turn it to my preferred setting of no flash under any
circumstances I had to press a small button 6 or 7 times to cycle through the
various stupid flash modes before getting to "no flash". The quality of the
camera in other respects could not make up for this deficiency.

Cheers,
nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain