Re: [OM] (E-M) Multiple exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] (E-M) Multiple exposures
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:57:51 -0400
If you are experiencing long shutter delays the most likely culprit is
autofocus.  Either switch to manual focus or customize the camera's
setting to use the AEL/AFL button to focus the camera (See page 92 of
the E-3 user's manual).  Then the shutter button will not cause
focusing.  It will only control locking the exposure when it reaches
half press.

For a professional level camera it doesn't make much sense to have
exposure and focus locked together with the press of the shutter button.
  Refocusing on every press of the shutter button simply isn't necessary
(we didn't do it on our OMs) and only adds unnecessary delay until the
camera is ready to shoot.

Recomputing exposure on every press of the shutter button is rarely
necessary either.  However, the only way to defeat that is to switch to
manual exposure control.

Try it, you'll like it. But you'll no doubt miss a few shots in the
beginning when you fail to remember that you must first focus the camera
independently of the shutter release.

Chuck Norcutt