Re: [OM] more ranting rebuttal.

Subject: Re: [OM] more ranting rebuttal.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:13:02 -0400
A little more imagination here, Ed.  I have no notion of the things that
Ken says are buried in user agreements or that Apple would act on them
even if the agreement is as he says it is.  However, Apple owns the OS
and the updates to the OS.  They could at any time install a Trojan
horse.  In fact they could have already done so long ago.  You would
never know it.  In fact, as a former OS development manager, I would
assert that it could be done without the knowledge of 99% of their own
OS developers.

I believe that such would likely be detrimental to Apple's business in
the longer term but "how would they?" is an extremely easy question to
answer.  "Would they?" is another question entirely.  I have no answer
to that one.

Chuck Norcutt