[OM] Olympus software on Mac O/S X 10.7 (Lion) tested + Viewer 2 had v1.

Subject: [OM] Olympus software on Mac O/S X 10.7 (Lion) tested + Viewer 2 had v1.2.0 update released yesterday
From: Michael Hobart <mhobart@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:17:00 -0600
I upgraded my MacBook Pro to O/S X 10.7 (Lion) yesterday.

I've tested the various Olympus software packages under Lion and here are my
preliminary results. I tested with my E-1, my E-620 and my E-P2.

Master 2 - transfers images and edits files w/o problems

Viewer 2 - transfers images and edits files w/o problems

Studio 2 - transfers images and edits files w/o problems
- Camera control mode under Lion: does not detect attached camera (E-620)
- Camera control mode under Snow Leopard: detected camera and operated properly
except for intervalometer mode (that control window never appeared)
- Camera control mode under Leopard: all features worked including
intervalometer
*** This problem has been reported to Olympus (but I think it unlikely that
there will be any update for the Studio program). ***

Digital Camera Updater  - v1.0.1 crashes [this is the latest available]
*** This problem has been reported to Olympus and the Mac crash report for the
program was included. ***

=========
Olympus also released an update of Viewer 2 for both Macintosh and Windows
yesterday, this changes the release to v1.20

Here is what Olympus says:
OLMPUS Viewer 2 - Ver. 1.2
-       Added the function to upload movies to YouTube.
-       Support for RAW files from the latest cameras
-       Added [White Edge Effect] and [Star Light Effect] to Art Effect options
in "RAW Development" and "Image Edit" windows.
-       Improved startup and Browse window performance.

OLMPUS Viewer 2 - Ver. 1.11
-       Support for "E-PL2"
-       Support for "XZ-1"

OLMPUS Viewer 2 - Ver. 1.1
-       Support for "E-5"

======== Viewer 2 + Studio 2 on Mac - Complication =========

If you have Studio 2 installed on the Mac and do the Viewer 2 v1.2.0 update, it
apparently overwrites or deletes a file needed by Studio 2, causing the latter
to crash.
Reinstalling Studio 2 (v.2.3.0) fixed the crash problem.  I have not observed
any problems with Viewer 2 (so far).
*** This problem has been reported to Olympus and the Mac crash report for the
program was included. ***

I did not find any problems with the Windows version of Studio 2 after the
Viewer 2 v1.2.0 update was installed.

Michael Hobart
mhobart@xxxxxxx

The Generations Tips pages and some of my personal genealogy is available at
http://users.sisna.com/mhobart