Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 33, Issue 21

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 33, Issue 21
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 08:54:07 -0700 (PDT)
Naaaah Nathan,

Your standards are pretty low...you need to compare the Apple OS to a "real"
OS...:)

Yes, I am one of those Apple bashers, not because they got a good OS and turned
it to whatever it is now, but because of their imperialistic approaches which
rival and exceed those of Microsoft.  At the time when I supported them, I was
with the impression that their first objective was to deliver the the best
product (and coolest...:) to the customer.  Now...well now they look more like
the tobacco industry or your local drug dealer...:)

There are several free OS'es that are better than anything that Apple stole so
far and there are iPad-like devices that also have the capability to double
boot those OS, which turns them into very powerful tools.

Best

Boris

P.S.  I own an iMac type A, which is considered a collectible

As for the general Apple-bashing: I am writing this on an iMac, my laptop is
Macbook Pro, and I just bought another Macbook Pro for my daughter. Magically,
the only person in the house who still needs help with their computer (as in
"why is XYZ not working?") is my wife with her Dell running Windows 7.

Cheers,
Nathan